VMware is urgently looking for the Manager, technical support in Bangalore, Karnataka. As Manager of Technical Support, you will have the responsibility to manage and lead a highly skilled manager and technical support team in our organization in support of some of VMware’s customers and partners; building close relationships/partnerships with our most strategic accounts.
You will work closely with our Technical Support Management team including other Sr. Managers of Technical Support, Director of Technical Support, VP of Global Support Services, Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing teams to ensure that VMware is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
Technical Support Manager Job Description
- Provide superior technical support and service to the VMware customer base
- Lead and mentor managers and TSEs to ensure outstanding technical support and customer experience
- Interface with the field, sales and service organizations and directly with the customer base on critical escalations and call resolution.
- Manage and develop the support teams, including hiring, professional development and proactive project work.
- Design, develop, and implement processes, systems, and technology to support and enhance the technical support function, including workflow and incident management
- Develop and implement practices that measure the effectiveness and performance of the Technical Support Function
- Lead and/or being involved in Global Strategic Initiatives
- Work with VMware’s engineering team to implement formal feedback mechanisms for incidents, causes, and resolutions
Technical Support Manager Requirements
- 8 years of experience in the software industry with a minimum of 3 years in technical support senior management role, including people management
- Background in the development and management of remote support groups, international support groups and 24 x 7 support operations.
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of technical support within the organization.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience, MBA a significant plus.
- Experience in both small and large companies is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated success in prior leadership roles.
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
- Familiarity with CRM or incident tracking and management systems such as Salesforce1
To know more details Click Here.