Auxiliary Nurse Midwife career opportunity is perfect for those who want to go for various nursing, midwifery and related other medical jobs in hospitals. one and a half years (18 months) of certificate level course and 2 years of diploma course offered by various reputed institutions in India. The course makes aspirants familiar with the ways through which they can take care of the health related problems of sick, injured, recovering mothers, newborn mentally challenged and old people.
The course also provides knowledge regarding setting up the equipment of an operation theater, providing medication, maintaining health records of patients and other routine jobs. The selection is done on the basis of merit in qualifying the examination. After an Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) certificate, one can always opt for higher studies or can consider pursuing the career in the related field.
Auxiliary Nurse Midwife Career Options & Jobs
The diploma holders of ANM can seek a job in Government run hospitals, primary health care centers, dispensaries and health projects as well as scheme run by the government departments. The students can also be employed in schools, orphanages and old age homes. In private sectors nursing homes, separate clinics are also open pertaining to this course structure. The professionals are also recruited in the departmental hospitals of Military and Railways. In addition, students have employment opportunities in industrial houses, factories, schools, colleges, and institutes.
Job Responsibilities Of Auxiliary Nurse Midwife Career
Auxiliary nurses, generally provide great help to professional staff to take care and look after the medical needs of patients in hospitals, nursing care facilities or in a community. Once you become an auxiliary nurse, you need to perform basic care duties, working as an important part of a team under the direct supervision of a registered nurse or a physician.
The following are the specific duties of auxiliary nurses:
- Perform basic nursing tasks that will ensure that patients will be comfortable while under nursing or medical care
- Monitor and record vital signs, body temperature, and blood pressure
- Assist registered nurses in providing health care to patients
- Help disabled patients in washing, bathing, and dressing
- Help disabled patients in eating their meals
- Ensure that patients are taking their medications as prescribed by a physician
- Thoroughly clean and sanitize the patient’s room
- Help patients in walking or moving around
- Assist and support laboratory technicians and healthcare specialists in analyzing samples for diagnosis
- Other duties and tasks assigned by supervising registered nurse or a physician
Salary Of Auxiliary Nurse Midwife Career Opportunity
Freshers in this profession can start earning a monthly salary of Rs.10,000 to Rs. 17,000 per month. Mid-level professionals can earn anywhere in between Rs.18,000 to Rs.37,000 per month. Those who have good experience in this field can even earn a salary in the range of Rs.48,000 to Rs. 72,000 per month. Salary of a professional in this field depends on the factors such as qualification, experience, and reputation.
Jobs In Auxiliary Nurse Midwife Career Opportunity
There are different categories and specific department where auxiliary nurse midwife (ANM) can find jobs.
- Cardiac nursing
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Critical Care Nursing
- Emergency Nursing
- Gastroenterology Nursing
- Geriatric Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner
- Occupational Health Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Public Health
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Telemetry Nursing
- Urology Nursing
- Community Health
- Intensive Care
- Surgery / Operating Theatre